Monday, September 26, 2011

My Movie History Part 2

My mother has extremely fond memories of movies that she saw with her grandmother in theaters.  I would hear of the sets of plates they gave out and the sing a longs. They spent a quarter and saw 2 movies a serial a cartoon and a news real.  I was  not so lucky to be around when the movies were such grand events, but I do have a fond movie memory when I was little and had the chicken pox. It was hot and I itched like hell, my mom made popcorn, not jiffy pop real stove top popcorn, and we stayed up all night  and watched TV. I got  great film education that night.  


Arsenic and Old Lace



Operation Petticoat, one of the movies she saw with her grandmother


and the Twilight Zone episode The Invaders starring Agnes Moorehead. 


No comments:

Post a Comment